A Versatile Workhorse with Extreme Flexibility
HyperRender translates every day Web protocols into instructions to use a given template (or create a document from scratch), fill it in, adjust it, resize it and render it in a number of formats including, native Quark doc, PDF, JPEG, EPS and Postscript files. Functionality is cross-platform with WinOS and Mac OS X. How it goes about adjusting, filling in etc. is somewhat determined by how the template was specified using the companion product, HyperTemplate and what commands are sent via the browser or database.
This QuarkXPress Server XTension leverages GLUON's years of in-the-trenches development of heavily used XTensions and plug-ins for publishing professionals of all types. It can be used to create anything from simple cards to complex multi-page technical documentation and catalogs. Full control over every aspect of design is provided, from text to colors to drop shadows, opacity and much more. With over 1 million lines of code, HyperRender accepts well over 300 commands and has all the advanced features you won't find anywhere else including:
- HyperFit Sophisticated, powerful text and picture fitting unequalled in the industry with box-level control of minimums and maximums. Whether you allow users to input data from a form or use a database to pump data into our software, we'll make sure it fits or let you know if it just isn't going to work.
- HyperPreview As you work online, HyperRender can send back perfect JPEG or PNG preview at the compression, size and in color space you want creating a "live" experience. Toggle overflow indicators on/off. Even complicated layouts are rendered back to the browser in a flash. In addition, HyperRender can provide advanced XML rendering which allows advanced users to contruct highly interactive previews as seen in DirectEdit and HyperTemplate Online.
- Design Overrides No matter what's on your template, if you need to, you can change box colors, opacity, add shadows and much more. If you decide to give users full design power, HyperRender will make sure their vision gets translated into perfect output.
- HyperScale Resize templates to any proportion without distorting text or graphics. The same template can be rendered at millions of sizes. Based on our award-winning ProScale XTension, this is like having an extra layout genie, turning one template into many, many...greatly reducing the template maintenance nightmare of other systems!
- HyperGrids (Dynamic Zones) A smart grid system where blank spaces on a template can be populated with mathematically perfect grids filled with blocks that contain repeating or different "mini-layouts" . Dynamic Zones can also flow content into columns or zig-zag patterns. This is perfect for real-estate, trader publications, circulars and catalogs.
- gTags An incredibly easy text tagging technology that allows advanced formatting of text down to the character level. Control things like color, fonts, sizes, baseline shift, styles, kerning and much more.
- GLUON Template XML (GTXML) HyperRender can pump out pre and post-render XML models of pages that can be integrated with Flash, HTML and other technologies for creating interactive. With HyperTemplate Online you can edit every aspect of templates in a browser.
- Conditional Content Boxes on a page can be made to auto-delete if no data is sent to them and text can be made to delete other text such as unneeded bullets and spaces based on what is sent or not sent. Here again, GLUON turns one template into many by allowing you to give users more options, without spoiling the layout integrity.
- HyperAdjust The ability to have conditional content which "magically" reacts to other content that gets sent or not sent. Another feature in the "one template, many uses" category. This makes variable data publishing a pleasure and is especially useful for regional ads that display address listings which can vary widely in number.
- HyperAlign In addition to HyperAdjust further ability to maintain critical alignments when changing data is sent...an Art Director's dream. GLUON has vast experience dealing with the toughest Art Directors on Earththose of the New York Advertising Agencies. If we can make them happy...
- HyperTables The ability to populate any region on a page with smart, self-fitting tables of any level of sophistication imaginable. We've been making tables since the eighties, starting with New Jersey Transit train and bus schedules. We've made many versions of TableMaker, an amazing table formatting XTension and now you get the benefit.
- Area of Interest A GLUON invention which allows you to select an area of an image that is most important so that when the same image is repurposed to different size boxes, it always maximizes the Area of Interest...better than cropping. This represents a leap in thinking about cropping and image placement, making the same images useful in many different shaped boxes.
- Super Templates Make synchronized changes to multiple layouts at the same time all in one template. Example: update a business card, an envelope, a letterhead and a mechanical layout with a single input. Only QuarkXPress offeres multiple layouts in the same project. Only GLUON takes full advantage.
- Layer Control Show and hide layers as needed for maximum flexibility in template usage...getting more out of less. Layers are another important Quark feature that we get the most of for online publishing.
- HyperSlugs Add slugs in the margins of documents with pertinent metadata. GLUON's Slugger started slugging in 1991...we know slugs.
- OPI Support Swap in hi-res graphics for final output and work with efficient lo-res during editing.
- Unlimited Output Styles Call by name from a preset list all manner of PDF and EPS output styles including PDF/X-1a and PFD/X3 or override settings on the fly. If you need to change the DPI for one vendor or the format for another, simply send HyperRender the right commands.
- Output to Order At the end of the process, browser users or designated file servers can receive a finished, collected Quark file, PDF, TIFF, EPS, PNG, JPEG, XML, HTML or other formats, cutting the design/print process to a fraction of the time it normally takes. All files are of the quality users have come to expect for the last 20 years from Quark technology.