Registering/Activating Your Software:
Most of our demo software can be registered/activated in one of 3 ways:
- Via the automatic dialog that appears when a demo expires or via the Register button or menu action from the software itself. This can be completed in 2 ways:
- On-line: If you have a web connection and your company firewall permits, put in the Purchase Code or License Code provided by GLUON, your reseller or online source. If successful...you done!
- Off-line: If you do not have a web connection or your firewall is too strict, click the Register Offline option. You will then be given a "Request Code" that you can phone in or email to GLUON. We will provide the "Answer code" and you will then be able to complete registration.
- Using the GLUON License Manager software provided as described below.
- Using a special arrangement license more suitable to larger companies. Contact GLUON for more information on this type of license.
Download the right GLUON License Manager (should also come with your original download):
Using the License Manager Software
The License Manager should be used to make the demo software fully functional, it can be found in the downloaded GLUON XTension folder or via downloads above.
- The Invoice # (also called: Purchase Code or Order No.) must be put into the “Purchase Code” box. Click on “Verify Code”, GLUON product or products will appear on the list.
- Click on the “Activate Checked Products” button to activate the product(s). If successful, you will see a message saying so. If not, see troubleshooting below.
- “Manage Licenses on this Computer": Use this button to see which products are licensed on the computer or uninstall for transfer.
- “Uninstall Checked Licenses”: When you are upgrading your computer or you want to move the license to another computer. Removing the XTensions from the applications folder will not uninstall the license(s). License(s) must be protected through the uninstall function in the License Manager.
You can also usually register right inside the XTension, but we find that the License Manager is more reliable.
I can’t find the GLUON XTensions just installed
- Go to the “Applications Folder”, if there is more than 1 QuarkXPress folder, (i.e. QuarkXPress 6.1 and QuarkXPress 6.5) open to see where the GLUON XTensions are, drag them into the XTensions folder that contains the actual QuarkXPress application. One is probably empty (created by the installer).
- Use the “Finder” to search for the name and drag them into the XTensions folder of the Quark folder
Register offline in case of firewall or internet issues:
When the computer is disconnected from the network, or logged off, or using a strong firewall or proxy server you may need to go through offline registration process.
- Open any dialog of GLUON product, then click ‘Register’ button, from the registration dialog click ‘Register Offline…’ button to switch to offline registration mode.
- It will provide you with a request code. Submit this code to GLUON via email to email@example.com or by calling (973) 763-9494 or (888)-458-6698. You will be provided with a unlock code that is typed into the offline dialog box.
Common Registration Problems (real and perceived):
- Are you logged in with admin privilege? It helps.
- If your product is grayed out, do you have an open document? Products such as Linkster or Cropster can only be accessed when you have a document open.
- Did you uninstall your license before you upgraded or moved your license? Try this using the Step 4 above.
- Are the GLUON products in the correct QuarkXPress XTensions folder? See above.
- Are you using the proper License Manager version for your product? See above.
Where is my manual?
If you used a package installer, the manual is located on the main hard drive. On Mac a folder is created at Library:Documentation:GLUON by the installer. Otherwise it comes in the download folder itself or inside the .zip file on Windows, usually downloaded to your desktop. You can always search by Product Name to locate it.