The popularity of online shopping has been growing for a long time and the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the trend. Auto parts are no exception and online stores have almost entirely replaced traditional scrapyards as car owners now turn to platforms like Amazon and eBay to find the components they need. For successful management of an online auto parts shop, particularly on online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay, a listing software can be beneficial.
Here are the key features to look for in an auto parts listing tool:
- Fitment Validation: The most important aspect of your business is your fitment data, which needs to be accurate and up-to-date. The auto aftermarket industry is constantly changing, with new vehicles and configurations being released and older ones being phased out. If your fitment data is not validated regularly, you run the risk of having outdated information and losing sales. A good listing software should validate your data each time the ACES and PIES standards are updated.
- Fitment Reports: It is sometimes useful to have fitment data in a spreadsheet format for bulk editing. A good listing software should provide the reports you need in the proper format, including product information in the YMM format, compatible vehicle part matches, and products without fitment. The best software providers offer custom reports and the ability to publish reports to targets such as SFTP, FTP, and Amazon S3.
- ACES to eBay Fitment Conversion: As an auto parts business owner, you need to be familiar with the ACES and PIES standards. Most North American marketplaces require sellers to submit fitment data according to the ACES standard, but eBay uses its own standard, the Master Vehicle List (MVL). A software solution that quickly and easily transforms ACES data to MVL and vice versa will save you the time and expense of having to pay a third-party developer.
- Integration: The software you choose should be integrated with eBay’s parts and accessories platform, as well as any other applications you’re using, such as inventory management software or stock management software. Look for a solution that seamlessly integrates with eBay’s API so that your fitment data is immediately available online. If you’re already using another app, make sure your new listing software can integrate with it for easy management from a single dashboard.
- Support: Something is bound to go wrong at some point, so it’s important to have support when you need it. A good software provider should offer email or online support and a live chat option would be a plus. Having access to support will help you resolve any issues you may encounter as you get used to the software.
In conclusion, a good auto parts listing tool should have fitment validation, fitment reports, ACES to eBay fitment conversion, integration, and support. These features will help you manage your online auto parts shop effectively and increase sales.